For the 2021-22 school year, Grundy County Schools will offer in-person learning across all grade bands. Recognizing the benefits of in-person learning, we look forward to the first full day of school on Monday, August 9th.
During the 2020-21 school year, our teachers, staff members, families, and students worked diligently to ensure last year was an overwhelming success. With our 1:1 initiative in place and quality educators at the helm, we are prepared to maintain a safe and productive learning environment for all students.
With the new school year approaching, GCS will utilize the updated CDC school guidelines to help modify COVID-19 practices throughout the year. With this, a few updates are listed below:
- While encouraged, masks will be optional for all students, employees, and visitors on our campuses.
- Students, teachers, visitors, and staff members are encouraged to continue proper handwashing and sanitizing.
- Temperature checks (for employees, guests, and students entering our facilities) will not be continued for the 2021-22 school year.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will continue to take place.
- Grundy County Schools encourages students, staff members, and teachers to stay at home when sick, and the district encourages the use of outdoor classrooms/spaces for learning and exercise.
- Additionally, these guidelines may be changed based on local transmission rates or guideline updates from the CDC. District communication will be provided throughout the year.
Technology Helpline for virtual students.
Swiss Memorial Elementary School
Are You Proud to be a Wildcat?
Yes... We... Are!